2020 Holiday Giving Program
To make a cash donation towards holiday giving for the children we serve, please use the below form.
For more information about charitable giving to St. Mary’s Home for Children, please contact:
St. Mary’s Home for Children
420 Fruit Hill Avenue
North Providence, RI 02911-2647
(401) 353-3900 x262
Other ways you can give to St. Mary’s
- Many companies will match gifts made by their employees, retirees and family members. Be sure and check with your company’s personnel office if you are uncertain about their matching gift policy. You will be provided with a matching gift form to use.
- Remembering St. Mary’s Home for Children in your will is a very special and effective way to ensure that the ideals you value will be perpetuated. It also reduces the taxable portion of your estate.
- Such gifts can be made in person, through a broker, or through the mail. For tax purposes, the value of the gift is recorded as the average market value on the date of delivery (or if mailed, on the postmark date). If transferred through a broker, the gift’s value is determined by the date of transfer as recorded in the books of the corporation. For more information, see this document.
- Gifts of valuable art works, furniture, jewelry, antiques, rare books and manuscripts can increase St. Mary’s resources in many ways.
Life Income Gifts
- With a life income gift, you assign cash, securities, or other assets irrevocable to St. Mary’s Home for Children. The most widely used life income plans are the Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust and the Charitable Remainder Unitrust.
- You can offer real estate as an immediate gift or to fund a trust. You may even arrange for lifetime occupancy after making your gift, thereby gaining a tax deduction and eliminating local taxes while still enjoying the comforts of home.
At a relatively low cost to you, a life insurance policy which names St. Mary’s Home for Children as a beneficiary can have a real impact.
Legal or financial advisors can best help you determine the vehicle most advantageous and appropriate for you.
Donors who make planned gifts to the agency are also eligible for membership in St. Mary’s 1877 Society.
- Restricted or unrestricted, annual gifts go directly into St. Mary’s operating budget and are immediately available to the agency in the year which they are received. Unrestricted annual gifts are especially valuable because they allow St. Mary’s the most flexibility with respect to their use.
- These gifts are used for new construction or renovation of facilities.
- With an endowment gift the principal is preserved and only a portion of the interest earned is spent. These gifts are often known as the “gifts that keep on giving” as they provide an ongoing source of revenue for the agency. These gifts may be restricted by the donor as to their use; or unrestricted, which allows St. Mary’s to use the interest generated where it is most needed.
- United Way Combined Federal Campaign State Employees Charitable Appeal # 6470.