Training in Various Clinical TopicsOur vast experience in the treatment of sexual abuse, sexual exploitation, and trauma allow us to share our expertise, treatment techniques, treatment successes, and clinical insight with others.
What we offer
Our expert clinicians have shared their experience in local and national forums on a variety of topics. We offer a number of trainings or professional consultations one-on-one or in groups to service providers and caretakers. For more information, contact Outpatient Services Director, Melissa Santoro at email@example.com.
Shepherd Training Series
- Monthly workshops complete with CEUs, focusing on strengthening and supporting children and families impacted by trauma.
- Read about the trainings: 2023 Shepherd Training Series flyer.
- Register here.
Professional Consultation and/or Specific Trainings
- Professional consultation and/or training specific to concerns regarding sexual abuse, sexual exploitation, or other trauma
- Read more about proffessional consultation in this flyer.
- Please contact the Director of the Outpatient Department, Melissa Santoro, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Building Bridges Initiative Trainings
- We offer trainings on residential transformation and family engagement practices.
Continuity of Care Group
- The mission of the Continuity of Care Group (CCG) is to provide education, advocacy, and interdisciplinary collaboration to promote safety, stability, and well-being for youth and families impacted by sexual abuse while utilizing best practices in treatment and support services.
- CCG is a collection of community partners who were initially established to create guidelines to specifically qualify providers in the treatment of youth with problematic sexual behaviors as well as the treatment of survivors of child sexual abuse.
- We have created a list of training topics that we offer in the hopes to provide education and support to service providers from all disciplines to best meet the needs of youth with problematic sexual behaviors, child survivors of sexual abuse and their families.
- The Director of the Outpatient Department currently acts as the Chair for the Continuity of care Group and monthly meetings are held at St. Mary’s Home for Children. If you would like to join the CCG meetings, please email MSantoro@smhfc.org to express your interest.
“I have never worked with an agency that cared as much as your staff. Thank you all very much for your help during these difficult times.” ~ Client
“As a mom, I have to say that the EOS Program is amazing. All my needs were met; the staff is amazing. My child’s clinician was excellent. I couldn’t ask for any better support. Melissa and Julie are the best! I thank God for this program, they have helped my child and myself come a long way.” ~ Parent
“Brandi and Melissa (FISA Group Co-Leaders) were amazing and very knowledgeable! I was very nervous but they made this informative and supportive! Excellent!” ~ FISA Group Member
"The teamwork and support was well coordinated for my child." ~ Parent of School Student
“The Shepherd Program is the perfect combination of empathy, strength, support and professionalism.” ~ Clinician
“We had good communication and support from clinicians and teachers.” ~ Parent of School Student
“I have learned so many things about myself with the help of my Clinician. Because of my Clinician and The Shepherd Program, I can actually live to see my 17th birthday! Years ago, I didn’t think that was possible. I am happy to have learned to accept who I am and to love myself. Also, I have built a better relationship with my mom. The Shepherd program also helped my mom with her depression which I am thankful for. Thank you!” ~ Client
“The Team of talented and caring professionals is why I choose to work at St. Mary’s. They have become family and friends and make it possible to do this challenging work.” ~ Clinician
“Angelica is great. She is helpful, informative and understanding. All the providers were accommodating to my special needs and addressed crisis situations immediately. Very dependable.” ~ Parent
“St. Mary’s helped to stabilize our home.” ~ Parent of School Student
“My son started at Shepherd after witnessing domestic violence and he was also abused. Through his Home Based Clinician, he learned how to respect his mom, help around the house and is working on his relationship with his sister. He is better able to recognize his feelings and can actually control them. He comes to me when he needs help. They created a tool box to help him cope. He has changed greatly over the past two years and without this program I wouldn’t know what to do. His only male influence has been his abuser. He loves his therapist; he treats her like family which I guess she is.” ~ Parent
“I love the fact that the environment here, even when we are dealing with some pretty intense, difficult situations, is always positive, empathetic and encouraging! And everyone here has a sense of humor, which is a great bonus!!!” ~ Care Coordinator
“The Shepherd Program has helped our family by showing us ways to communicate with each other and helped us to understand what each other is going though. It showed us ways to bond with one another. It taught my son and daughter about Good, Bad and Secret touch and about good and bad decisions, ways to deal with everyday issues and non-everyday issues. It’s helped us become a better family all together. We are a closer family…” ~ Parent